Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Wish I'd Read In High School

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish, here, inviting bloggers and readers to list their top ten for a certain category. 

Hi everyone! For the Top Ten Tuesday topic today we were asked to choose something on a 'back to school' related topic, so I've chosen the books I wish I'd read in High School. These books weren't published when I was in High School but I feel that if they were I would have been a lot more interested in reading and felt a lot less alone. Enjoy!

1) The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.

Did you expect anything else? If I'd read Mel's books all those years ago my YA addiction certainly would have spawned sooner haha.

2) Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kath Ormsbee.

The sexuality rep is amazing and much needed for those who struggle(d) with their identity.

3) Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima.

Another wonderful fantasy that would have had me reading sooner.

4) Harry Potter by JK Rowling

Obviously.

5) Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt.

To prove being geeky and loving comic con isn't 'weird'.

6) Grishaverse by Leigh Bardugo.

More kick-ass fantasy.

7) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.

As above.

8) Les Miserables - Victor Hugo.

So that I could have loved the story but also musicals earlier.

9) House of Windows by Alexia Casale.

Again to prove I am not alone.

10) Never Evers by Ivision and Ellis.

Just to get me through those hard days.


I hope you've enjoyed my TTT! Thanks for reading! Feel free to share your own link below if you have one, or @ me on Twitter, so I can take a look at your own TTT!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


1 comment:

  1. Some great books on your list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/top-ten-tuesday-121/

    ReplyDelete