Saturday, 26 August 2017

Saturday Series: Love, Hate or Both? - Harry Potter

Hi guys! Just a quick post today for the next in my Love, Hate or Both series. I would have loved to make it longer but life once again prevented me from writing this prior to today, and I've been super busy. Here's hoping the long weekend will let me get ahead of the game for once!

It's no secret that I love Harry Potter. Hell I'm pretty sure everyone does. But the question is why? Why do I feel so attached to the story, the characters, the setting? It's not just a case of it being a beloved childhood book, that's for sure, and are there any parts I dislike?

I think, plain and simple, it boils down to family. JK wrote a story that, at its core, is about family. The family we have but also the family we make and I think that's a pretty universal concept. But moreover she's created a family within her fans. We can quite easily strike up conversation with someone else when it comes to Harry Potter.

What's your house?
Who's your favourite character?
Which book did you like best?

It's a phenomenon that has brought people together, that brings joy and wonder to all ages, and I think that's a wonderful thing indeed.

As for what I don't like, well... I wasn't too keen on certain characters' endings, but mostly I just get annoyed at not being able to find any Ravenclaw merchandise. Haha!

What do you love about HP? What's your house? Do feel free to leave a comment below or @ me on Twitter.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the post!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment