Monday, 28 August 2017

Cover Spotlight Monday: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

Hi everyone! Today I've decided to spotlight one of my all time favourite series' because they just have the most gorgeous covers. It's of course The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.


I adore these covers for many reasons but the main one is the fact that the three main characters are featured on the covers. Book one features Will, book two my beloved Jem, and book three Tessa. I love this specifically because it helps me to imagine the characters as I read, and also provides life to the covers rather than them just featuring scenery or objects.

Moreover I love how the titles seem to reflect each character pictured Angel; Will, for how he saved Tessa. Prince; Jem, for how he showed Tessa true love and kindness. Princess: Tessa, for the happiness she gave to Jem. It just makes them even more beautiful in my opinion.

Finally I love the backgrounds behind the characters, which really reflect the Victorian London period that the books are set in, and give the readers a real feel for the books, allowing them to picture every scene.

Really, I think these covers are simply stunning.

What do you think? As always do feel free to leave a comment below or @ me on Twitter, and thanks for reading!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment