Saturday, 1 July 2017

Saturday Series: YALC - Top Ten Tips

Today I thought I'd post my Top Ten Tips for attending YALC. Having attended for 1 day both last year and the year before, I've had my fair share of experiences at the con, including an anxiety attack or two, so I should hope third time's the charm and I know what I'm doing now. I hope you find them useful.

1 - Take your time: Don't let exhaustion (or anxiety) ruin your fun.

2 - Eat well: Further to that, make sure you eat the right things or exhaustion can creep up fast.

3 - Know your limits: We're all human. We can only do, and carry, so much. Don't do more than you know you can, and remember (as I have this time) three days are better than one!

4 - Schedule: Although the official schedule hasn't been released, when it is it's always a good idea to plan what you want to do. It's the best way to work out any potential clashes and get the most out of your day(s).

5 - Cash, not dash: Everything pretty much runs on cash at Conventions, so its good to have plenty on hand so you're not dashing for a machine.

6 - Be prepared to queue: Sturdy shoes, comfy clothes and a good book are highly recommended.

7 - Don't be shy: I'll admit I always fail here, but a good way to pass queuing time, and make the day more fun, is by talking with fellow book lovers.

8 - Give it a go: There's so much on offer across the weekend; including competitions and interactive sessions. Try a bit of everything!

9 - Keep your eyes open: Updates are usually posted over Twitter throughout the event, especially re giveaways, so keep your eyes open for any changes, offers, or special stuff!

10 - Have fun!: Most importantly, you're at the con to enjoy yourself, so have a wonderful time!

Thanks for reading! I hope you find my tips useful! As always do feel free to leave a comment below or @ me on Twitter.

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment