Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Songs About Us by Chris Russell

Today for Waiting on Wednesday I've chosen one of my most anticipated releases that arrives on shelves in just a few weeks. I am counting down the days. It's of course Songs About Us by Chris Russell.

Two months on from the explosive finale to book one, Charlie's life is almost back to normal again: rebuilding her relationship with her father, hanging out with best mate Melissa, and worrying about GCSEs. All the while, Gabe's revelations about her mother are never far from her mind. And neither is Gabe.

It's not long before Charlie is pulled back into the world of Fire&Lights - but the band seem different this time. But then again, so is she...

Meanwhile, tensions between Gabe and Olly continue to run high, leading to more turmoil between the band members and press than ever before. But when Gabriel and Charlie stumble upon yet another startling truth that links them together - everything they have stands to implode in front of them.

I read Songs About A Girl earlier this year and devoured it in a day so I cannot wait to get my hands on book 2. I absolutely loved everything about the first book, but Yuki was quite honestly my favourite and I am so excited to finally get to read about him even more.

I also need the answers to book one's wonderous, evil cliffhanger; I must know if my assumptions are correct!

Songs About Us comes out on the 13th July and I'll be meeting the man himself, Chris Russell, at YALC only a few weeks after. July is going to be tunetastic! (Too cheesy?)

As always thanks for reading and do feel free to leave a comment below or @ me on Twitter.

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment