Monday, 20 February 2017

Early Review: The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury

I was lucky enough to buy an early copy of the final book in Mel's phenomenal Sin Eater series and it was incredible. I hope you enjoy my early review.



The final battle is coming . . .

As the Sleeping Prince tightens his hold on Lormere and Tregellan, the net closes in on the ragged band of rebels trying desperately to defeat him. Twylla and Errin are separated, isolated, and running out of time. The final battle is coming, and Aurek will stop at nothing to keep the throne forever . . .

Explosive, rich and darkly addictive, this is the stunning conclusion to Mel Salisbury's internationally best-selling trilogy that began with The Sin Eater's Daughter.



Absolutely perfect.

(Can I leave it there? No? Really? But I don't know what else to say... Fine.)

In all seriousness The Scarecrow Queen really was the perfect ending to the perfect series. I of course won't spoil anything but what I will say is that justice wins out, both for the story and for the characters. Where The Sin Eater's Daughter focused on Twylla, and The Sleeping Prince on Errin, The Scarecrow Queen really brings them both together for an epic adventure and ties everything up in a neat little bow. With a few splashes of horror and gore of course.

Aurek's darkness really shines (Irony?) in this book too and I'm honestly still feeling shivers from it. He is a fantastic villain, his motivation and morality flawless. In some weird way I'm going to miss him.

Most importantly though I'm going to miss Twylla, Merek, Errin and Silas. They were all such wonderful heroes and I have adored the last three years of cheering for and crying with them. Melinda has given fitting endings for all though, and I couldn't be happier. This series, though finished, will forever live in my heart.

I would say I'll miss Mel's writing too, but she's already hinted that she has more up her sleeve. I cannot wait.

If you've read The Scarecrow Queen do let me know your thoughts (non spoilery of course) in the comments below. If you're looking forward to its release, let me know that too. Or you can always @ me on Twitter. Thanks for reading!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited for this book! Thanks so much for linking up to the British Books Challenge x

    ReplyDelete