1) Dystopian Fantasy: Lose yourself in a realm of mythic beasts, fallen angels and a deadly maze.
2) Mythology: As in Theseus and the Minotaur, this maze is not filled with roses and azaleas but wrathful creatures with dark souls and darker histories.
3) A heroine who comes into her own: MC starts off with little survival knowledge, existing only on the help of others and by her will. By the end of the book however she confronts her fears, learns to use the horror of the labyrinth, and grows into a strong individual.
4) No romance: Refreshingly this book contains no romance. Some light sparks between certain characters, but little in the way of any interest, but in a good way. It's nice to read a fantasy or dystopian that focuses on the action rather than romance once in a while.
5) The Executioner: The most kick-ass character in the book and that's all I'll say.
6) Horror: Absolute and unyielding. If you want a book that will keep you awake at night, this is it.
As always, thanks for reading and do let me know your thoughts in the comments below or @ me on Twitter!