Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury

How long have I been waiting for this book? It honestly feels like it's been forever, and yet, come next Tuesday I will have it in my hands. Waterstones and Scholastic have kindly teamed up to provide early copies to those in attendance at Mel's next few events, and as I will be meeting her again for the fourth time on Tuesday, it does mean I will be purchasing a copy... or two... In preparation I thought to list a few reasons why I'm so excited for this release. Series spoilers ahead.

A weekly feature created at Breaking the Spine, Waiting on Wednesday features upcoming releases that bloggers are excited about.  You can find out more here.





The final battle is coming . . .

As the Sleeping Prince tightens his hold on Lormere and Tregellan, the net closes in on the ragged band of rebels trying desperately to defeat him. Twylla and Errin are separated, isolated, and running out of time. The final battle is coming, and Aurek will stop at nothing to keep the throne forever . . .






For one, Mel is evil. Her books quite literally break my heart, in a good way. If that's not a reason to get into a series, I don't know what is.

Two, I need to know if Merek's okay. She fooled us in The Sleeping Prince, but I'm not wholly convinced my beloved Prince will be alright. I'm worried. Add in Mel's evil nature and the fact that she always sidesteps my questions, and I'm actually having heart palpitations. Seriously whatever happens in Loremere just let my Prince be okay. Please?

Three, it's just a good story. A really good story. Okay! An amazing story! I'm seriously in love with every part and I can't wait to find out how it ends.

Finally, I want to see Lief get his comeuppance. Muahahahahahaaaa!


What are your reasons for wanting The Scarecrow Queen? Or what books are you waiting for? As always, do let me know in the comments below or on Twitter, and thanks for reading.

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't heard of this before! It looks so awesome! Great pic, hope you enjoy :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading The Sleeping Prince and can't put it down (didn't read all of this for fear of spoilers!) but I'm so excited for Scarecrow Queen too 💕

    www.fionerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete