Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Freebie!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish, here, inviting bloggers and readers to list their top ten for a certain category. 



This week's TTT is a freebie so I've decided to list ten books I'd love to take to an island with me. Also known as, ten reads I'm desperate to make time for but never seem able to.

1) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.

I purchased Windwitch last week so I really do want to binge read both soon.

2) Ruby Red Trilogy by Kirsten Gier.

These books just look and sound gorgeous and the boxed set is just waiting for me to pick it up.

3) The Raven Boys Quartet by Maggie Stiefvater.

I started the first book but stopped for some reason, and I'm looking forward to picking them up again.

4) Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi.

One of the 'popular ones' that I own but have never read. Hopefully 2017 will be the time!

5) The Spinster Club series by Holly Bourne.

I started Am I Normal Yet? and loved it but then I lent it to a friends and ended up not wanting to skip to the second but still buying them all nonetheless, so now I have the whole four books to read. They're all on my British Books 2017 list however so I should succeed.

6) This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab.

I really want to read this before Our Dark Duet is released, and I adore Victoria's work.

7) An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.

Another 'popular' one I'm yet to get to, and one I've heard such good things about!

8) All Rick Riordan books.

I've read Percy Jackson 1 but that's it; I'm determined to finish them all by 2017's end.

9) The Hogwarts Library by J. K. Rowling.

Short but sweet, I'm sure.

10) Demon Road by Derek Landy.

I heard so many good things about this at YALC 2015 and yet I never read it. Hopefully this year I'll succeed here too.


What books would you take to an island? Do you have your own TTT? Feel free to let me know in the comments below, or on Twitter, and as always thank you for reading!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


4 comments:

  1. Shatter me was sooo good! I love that series.
    I want to read the Magnus Chase series by Riordan.
    I really want to read the Raven Boys and Truthwitch!
    My TTT,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! But oh man, there are some amazing books you still need to read. ;) I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Harry Potter is amazing, lol. The Raven Cycle is another one of my favorite series! And if you ever listen to audiobooks, I highly recommend trying the Ruby Red Trilogy. The narrator is fantastic, and I really enjoyed listening to the books.

    I would definitely take all the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings books, as well as Juliet Marillier's Sevenwaters trilogy. That should keep me busy a while!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! There are a ton of series that I want to read, but I keep putting them off because they’re a huge time commitment. I hope you get a chance to read all these!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good books on this list, I hope you enjoy them!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-93/

    ReplyDelete