Friday, 6 January 2017

2017 Reading Challenge: The British Books Challenge 2017.

One of my biggest problems when reading is choosing what to read, so I quite like having a list or challenge to go by, as it helps me out sometimes. This coming year I've therefore decided to participate in the 2017 British Books Challenge.

I'll be honest to thinking I read widely and yet both times I've attended YALC, hosting mostly British authors, I've been surprised by how many I haven't heard of, or at the very least haven't read. This year, I'm determined to do better.

Hosted by the wonderful Chelley Toy, I'm very excited for this challenge to begin. 2017 is going to prove an exciting year for books I'm sure. Below you'll find my preliminary reading list.

1) The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury - Review here.
2) Ink by Alice Broadway - Review here.
3) All of the Above by Juno Dawson.
4) The Spinster Club trilogy, plus And A Happy New Year by Holly Bourne.
5) Wing Jones by Katherine Webber - Review here.
6) Rockoholic by C J Skuse.
7) Lydia by Natasha Farrant.
8) Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall.
9) The Bookshop Girl (ARC) by Sylvia Bishop - Review here.
10) The Catalyst by Helena Coggan.
11) Shadowplay by Laura Lam.
12) Emma Hearts L.A. by Keris Stainton - Review here.
13) Moondust by Gemma Fowler - Review here.
14) This Beats Perfect by Rebecca Denton
15) Songs About A Girl by Chris Russell
16) Lovesong by Sophia Bennett
17) Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt.
18) The Island at the End of Everything by Kiran Millwood Hargrave - Review here.

Watch this space! More books will be added as time progresses, with hyperlinks to my reviews.

Don't forget to sign up yourself here, Chelley has lots of amazing things planned!

Thanks for reading, and do let me know your thoughts or suggestions on my reading list in the comments below, or @ me on Twitter!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for signing up Holly and I love your potential choices already x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Can't wait to get reading and reviewing all these wonderful home grown books! x

      Delete