Friday, 6 January 2017

2017 Reading Challenge: Beat the Backlist

Beat the Backlist is a unique reading challenge created by Austine and Tia from novelknight.com dedicated to helping poor overwhelmed readers clear their backlogged TBR's. The challenge lasts all year and you can set your own goal with the target simply being to read and review books published prior to 2017. As someone who is consistently told that the upstairs support beams won't hold any more books, I thought this was a good challenge to get involved with, especially as I still have a few 2016 review books outstanding. I'm hoping the motivation will not only inspire me to read more but will also help me to consistently review and update my Goodreads.

You can find my preliminary list of books I'm hoping to read below. At the start and end of each month I will be including my progress in a TBR and Wrap-Up series respectively, so look out for those too.

1) Emma Hearts LA by Keris Stainton - Review here.
2) Songs About A Girl by Chris Russell.
3) Love Song by Sophia Bennett.
4) Cinder and Ella by Kelly Oram.
5) The Graces by Laure Eve.
6) Legend by Marie Lu.
7) The Young Elites by Marie Lu.
8) The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.
9) Rogue by Julie Kagawa.
10) The Diabolic by S. J. Kincaid.
11) The Bone Dragon by Alexia Casale.
12) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Adieh.
13) The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima.
14) Holding Up the Universe and All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
15) Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard.
16) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
17) If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo.
18) Changers by Cooper and Glock-Cooper.
19) Shadowplay by Laura Lam.
20) The Masked City and The Burning Page by Genevieve Cogman.
21) Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter.
22) The Archived and The Unbound by V. E. Schwab.
23) All Rick Riordan books (Except Percy Jackson 1)
24) DIMILY trilogy by Estelle Maskame.
25) Demon Road by Derek Landy.

I will also be taking part in the Hogwarts challenges for the house cup, on behalf of Ravenclaw!

If you're interested in signing up yourself, you can find out more information here. Hope to see you there!

As always, thanks for reading and do feel free to leave a comment below, or @ me on Twitter, especially if you're taking part (and are maybe a fellow Ravenclaw?). I'll also be around for the monthly Twitter chars, so do say hello!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment