Sunday, 29 January 2017

2017 General Resolutions

A new year, a new dawn. As with every January I've come up with a few 'goals' that I want to achieve this year - mostly general and therefore not wholly difficult to achieve as long as I keep the right mindset - and I thought I would share them with you all. I hope you enjoy.

1) Read more.

Again I failed in my book challenges I set last year so this year I'm determined to do better. For one my anxiety escalates when I think of/look at everything I need to/ should read, especially review books, but reading makes me happy also. I'm determined to carve out dedicated reading time.

2) Blog more.

As above, I'm determined to do better. Not only am I still behind on review books, which doesn't help my mental health, I also love blogging about books and I want to make The Arts Shelf a project to be proud of.

3) Write more.

In general I want to be so much more creative this year (more in the next point) and part of this means writing so much more. Rather than wasting time thinking I or my story are not good enough, I'm just going to write what I feel and see where it goes. After all, some words are better than none at all.

4) Have no fear.

My creativity wanes a lot of the time due to my fear, but this year I'm not holding back, with so many hobbies/groups planned. I'm tired of letting fear get in the way. I've already started learning to knit and calligraphy, and am waiting for my local Am' Dram' society to start again at the end of February. I also want to get back driving, learn a language, take singing lessons, learn to play the violin, and much more. Onwards 2017!

5) Be happy.

Above all else, I'm doing this to be happy, because that's what life's about, right?


Have you got any 2017 resolutions? Feel free to share below or @ me on Twitter!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment