Sunday, 8 January 2017

2017 - 60 Books YA Challenge

Once again I have not read as many books as I would have liked to this past year. Once again I'm making a stand and following my own 60 Books YA Challenge. In the next 357 days I am determined to complete this list, and I'd love it if some of you would join me.



Below you'll find the 60 different categories. Please do let me know in the comments below, or on Twitter, if you're taking part as I'd love to see what you decide to read.

2017 - 60 Books YA Challenge

1) A 2016 Release I Didn't Read/Finish

Love Song by Sophia Bennett

2) Any 2017 Release

This Beats Perfect by Rebecca Denton

3-6) 2017 Seasonal Releases (Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn) - Winter is Jan/Feb or Dec.

Winter: Wintersong by S Jae Jones - Review here.
Summer: Showstopper by Hayley Barker
Autumn: Fire Lines by Cara Thurlborne

7-10) Seasonal Reads [Novels based in a specific season] (Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn)

11-13) Holiday Reads (Easter/Halloween/Christmas, but you can substitute)

14-25) Colourful Reads [Based on the cover design]

Red: Heartless by Marissa Meyer - Review here.

Blue: Emma Hearts L.A. by Keris Stainton. My review here. 

Green: Lost Boy by Christina Henry

Yellow

Purple: Moondust by Gemma Fowler

Pink: Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith

White: Noteworthy by Riley Redgate

Black: Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Orange: Frostblood by Elly Blake

Grey

Gold

Silver

26) A Book Containing An Animal

The Bookshop Girl by Sylvia Bishop - Review here.

27-33) Genre Reads (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Contemporary/Supernatural/Romance/Dystopian/Graphic Novel)

Fantasy: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor - Review here.

Contemporary: Songs About A Girl by Chris Russell

Romance: Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett

Dystopian: Ink by Alice Broadway - Review here.

34) Royal Read [Any book containing a royal family who's crucial to the story, i.e. The Selection]

35) Hot Topic [A book with an important/recent theme, i.e. This Is Where It Ends]

Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee

36) Strength In Numbers [A book with a primary cast of characters i.e. The Maze Runner]

37) Series Read

Geek Girl: Forever Geek by Holly Smale

38) Adaptation

39) Indie Novel

40) Word Of Mouth Rec'

Wing Jones by Katherine Webber - Review here.

41) Book Received For Christmas

42) Book Received For Birthday

43) A Sequel

44) Favourite Author

The Island at the End of Everything by Kiran Millwood Hargrave - Review here.

45) Series I've Yet To Finish

46) 2017 Series Finale

The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury - Review here.

47) Anticipated Release

The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.

48) Namesake [A book where the main character, side character or author has your name]

49) Time Travel

50) Regency

51) Classic [Either a 'classic' as in Pride and Prejudice, or a book classed as one that everyone must read, i.e. Harry Potter or The Northern Lights]

52) Beloved Re-Read

53) Borrowed Book

54) ARC

The Memory Book by Lara Avery. My review here.

55) Paperback

Waking In Time by Angie Stanton - Review here.

56) Hardback

Lois Lane: Triple Threat.

57) E-Book

Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt.

58) Novella Or Novella Compilation

59) Retelling

Cinder and Ella by Kelly Oram

60) Freebie!

Fix You by Carrie Elks

There you have it! The 60 Categories for the 2017 - 60 Books YA Challenge! I really hope you like them and decide to take part, but either way thanks very much for reading this post.

I'll also be taking part in the British Books Challenge from Chelley Toy here, and the Beat the Backlist Challenge from NovelKnight here, so check those out too!

Happy New Year to all, and I hope you get to read every book you want to read this year.

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


3 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds like a delight. I might just participate, though I am not sure if I can finish all of them (since I don't want my real name to be known, #48 is not going to be finished).
    Thanks for sharing this one! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like it! By all means do join in, and feel free to substitute any categories that don't suit. I don't mind at all :) x

      Delete
    2. Then I will happily join in, and I will do that. :) Yay! Good luck to us both on this challenge!

      Delete