Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.

I haven't done a Waiting on Wednesday in a while but, inspired by some lovely promotional book post from the publisher, I've decided to write one today for one of my anticipated 2017 releases.

A weekly feature created at Breaking the Spine, Waiting on Wednesday features upcoming releases that bloggers are excited about.  You can find out more here.



Strange the Dreamer is the story of: 

the aftermath of a war between gods and men
a mysterious city stripped of its name
a mythic hero with blood on his hands
a young librarian with a singular dream
a girl every bit as perilous as she is imperiled
alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage.

Welcome to Weep.




While I will admit that I've only read Daughter of Smoke and Bone at this point in time, I absolutely loved it. I will finish the trilogy one day, but for now I'm utterly excited to see what Strange the Dreamer has in store for us all.



Hodder sent out these wonderful blogger packs last week as the proofs were sent to print, and I thought I'd just highlight the lovely little teasers.

Postcard: Welcome to Weep, it states on the front. What does this mean and who is the girl the excerpt describes?

Blood Candy: Described as 'the elixir of life', what is its purpose in the story, and who uses it?

Spirit of Librarian: Whose spirit is trapped and for what purpose?

Moth Tattoo: Are the months symbolic, or do they have a larger role to play?

These are just some of the questions this blogger pack has conjoured regarding Strange the Dreamer, and I honestly can't wait to see what all the answers - and further questions! - are. Thanks Hodder!

Are you excited for Strange the Dreamer? Do you have your own Waiting on Wednesday post? Please feel free to let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


1 comment:

  1. I'm so looking forward to Strange the Dreamer. The blogger pack looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete