Thursday, 27 October 2016

Ten Favourite Fictional Pairings

As promised, and just a little late, here are my ten favourite fictional pairings. Sunday I will post my favourite friendships. I hope you enjoy.


1) Rumbelle, aka Belle and Rumple, from Once Upon a Time.

Tale as old as time...

Despite all of their troubles and shortfalls, I love this pairing so much.

2) Twylla and Merek, from The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.

I know many people love Lief but I honestly can't forgive his actions. To me Merek's love is true.

3) Malec, aka Magnus and Alec from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.

I don't think I really need to explain this one, do I?

4) Jessa, aka Jem and Tessa from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

Also no explanation needed, though I will note that I love Will, I just wholly prefer Jem.

5) Janto, aka Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.

I have loved this pairing ever since they appeared on my tv screen. Despite everything, I still believe Jack and Ianto deserve, and will get, their happy ending.

6) Erik and Christine, from The Phantom of the Opera.

I know that Erik is a murderous, tortured soul, but part of the reasoning behind that is that he has been denied any kindness in his life. I believe everyone deserves love, including Erik, and wholeheartedly adore Christine and her Angel.

7) Kell and Lila, from A Darker Shade of Magic by V E Schwab.

As soon as I was introduced to these characters I knew they were meant to be. I'm sorely hoping book three will solidify their relationship.

8) Sophie and Luca, from Vendetta by Catherine Doyle.

These two are perfect. End of story.

9) Kaz and Inej, from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.

He nurtures her darker side, and she his lighter. They are yin and yang. Two halves of one whole.

10) Meira and Theron, from Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch.

I doubt my ship will sail, but nonetheless I would love this pairing to get the ending they deserve.


So those are my favourite pairings. Do you share some? What are your own? Do let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment