Sunday, 30 October 2016

Ten Favourite Fictional Friendships

As promised, here's the final post in my little top ten series; top ten favourite fictional friendships (Try saying that three times fast, haha!) I hope you enjoy!

1) Spencer Reid and Derek Morgan from Criminal Minds.

These two are the ultimate example of friendship. So close they're almost brothers (Morgan even calls Reid such) they are willing to do anything for each other, whatever the action or price.

2) James Carstairs and William Herondale from The Infernal Devices.

The best literary friendship I've yet to come across, I can't get enough of these two. Parabati, brothers, warriors, they are with each other until death.

3) Kell and Rhy Maresh from A Darker Shade of Magic by V E Schwab.

Actual brothers (More than the above anyway) Kell and Rhy are as thick as thieves. Schwab portrays some beautiful scenes between these two and I honestly can't wait for the third instalment of their tale.

4) Nick and Tim from House of Windows by Alexia Casale.

One of the things I loved most about this book was the characters, especially Nick and Tim. Their relationship, their very character, urged the story along, giving every scene a very real feel. I loved every moment between them and am honestly sad that it's only a stand-alone.

5) Carson Beckett and Rodney McKay from Stargate: Atlantis.

These two. These two are so sweet and adorable both together and apart. They couldn't not make the list.

6) Harriet and Wilbur from Geek Girl by Holly Smale.

I honestly cannot get enough of these two. Maybe not a traditional friendship, they are still so sweet and lovely and Wilbur is always the one person Harriet can rely on. I would happily read a book just about them.

7) Kelly Severide and Leslie Shay from Chicago Fire.

Best friends until the end, Kelly and Shay go through their fair share of ups and downs, but they always make it through.

8) Derek Morgan and Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds.

Like Morgan and Reid I love these two, but in a completely different way. Their fun flirting is delicious, but they would still do anything for each other, and every scene is heartening.

9) Bashir and O'Brien from Star Trek: DS9.

Another of my favourite sci-fi duos, I can't get enough of them.

10) Jane and Maura from Rizzoli and Isles.

Kick ass women who fight crime, put down bad guys, and are there for each other 100%? Completely perfect!

Do you have your own thoughts on my list? Do you have your own favourites? As always, let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment