NB: I'm going to talk about Phantom as a concept, so this incorporates the book, musical and movie. If you're a fan of any, you're sure to love RoseBlood.
1) It's based on Phantom, and exudes every feeling you'd want from such a book; the atmosphere and very core of the concept.
2) It's original, at the same time. If you're expecting simply the concept written for/with teens, be happily mistaken. It's so much more.
3) It builds on the concept, despite its originality. In all rights it is both a sequel and a stand-alone. Howard's detail and research is incredible.
4) The atmosphere is electric, from the streets of Paris to the bowels of the Théâtre Liminaire.
5) The characters are real; believable, flawed, empathetic, loveable. Each one, principle or supporting, is unique.
6) Thorn, a sweet, broken boy you'll immediately fall in love with. Easily a new book boyfriend.
7) Rune, gentle, strong, and unbelievably loyal. A powerful YA heroine and a favourite for sure!
8) Devilish Diable isn't the cutest cat but he's certainly the smartest. With his unique friend Ange, they certainly bring an adorable element to the tale. Animal lovers watch out!
9) Tremulous twists that will leave you reeling and gasping for pause.
10) An emotional roller coaster that will have you wishing it really wasn't a stand-alone.
Not to mention the beautiful writing!
Are you excited for RoseBlood's release in January 2017? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!