Friday, 12 February 2016

January Wrap Up

I seriously meant to have this up last week, it was all written, but then unfortunately things got in the way, as per life. Anyway, without further adieu, in genre order, here is my January Wrap Up. Please enjoy!

Contemporary


ARC copies from HarperCollins, Chicken House and Corvus respectively.

Dumplin - A wonderful book with such a powerful, positive message about body image. I took part in the blog tour on January 28th - here.

Never Evers - A fun read that really takes you back to high school. Review here.

How to Stuff Up Christmas - A magical book that captures everything I love about Christmas, with a good dose of holiday romance! Review up soon!

Sci-Fi


Stargate Atlantis: Homecoming - A good intro to a theoretical Season 6 for the show. Review here.

Across the Universe - Just what I'd been wanting to read, and an all around great sci-fi. Review coming soon!

Audiobooks


Stargate Atlantis: Perchance to Dream - A great addition to the SGA canon and very fun to listen to. Review here.

Fantasy/Dystopian


ARC copies of The Sleeping Prince and The Dark Days Club, from Scholastic and Walker respectively.

The Sleeping Prince - If you loved The Sin Eater's Daughter, you'll love this. Melinda Salisbury outdoes herself in this wonderful sequel! Review coming soon!

Red Rising - All I can say is, why did I wait so long? Review coming soon!

The Dark Days Club - A satisfying journey into a demon ridden regency. Review coming soon!

Graphic Novels


ARC copy from Gallic Books

 In Search of Lost Time: Swann's Way - A beautiful rendition of a great classic - Review up soon!


So there you have my January Wrap Up! It's been a great month for books and I hope to continue forwards with a great line up for February (Some of which I've finished by now, ha!). My February TBR will go live tomorrow; I hope to see you there!

Have you read any of the books in my Wrap Up? What did you think? Please let me know in the comments below, or on Twitter!

Holly @TheArtsShelf

No comments:

Post a Comment