Sunday, 31 January 2016

Winter Book Haul

So I totally meant to post my December haul a while back, like - you know - at the end of December. Alas, it didn't happen. I considered not putting the pics up at all, but some of the pictures are so Christmassy and there were so many great books I got that I didn't want to waste them. So I'm combining my December haul with my January one and giving you my Winter Book Haul! I hope you enjoy it!

First of all I won two competitions from Mira UK and Harper Collins respectively, receiving these two wonderful books. I'm planning to read Little Shop in February once I've got my Review pile down a bit (It'll still be winter!) and Waiting was given to my 8 year old cousin who was very excited to receive it.


I then gratefully received two books for review/blog tour from Chicken House and Scholastic respectively. My review of Never Evers went up last week (here) and my stop on the Bella Broomstick blog tour was on the 7th January (here). These are two fabulous books for YA and MG that I urge everyone to read.



I always love going shopping at Christmas, despite the crowds, and took a lovely trip to the Trafford Centre with my good friend Cazz from Loaded Shelves. Of course we had to go into Waterstones and I treated myself to a signed copy of Nimona, and Truly Madly Famously (The sequel to Famous In Love which I adored!). Complete with pretzels it was a fabulous day, and Cazz was lovely enough to lend me her copies of All Wrapped Up and Everything Everything.



Another competition win arrived shortly after in the form of The Best Thing I Never Had by Erin Lawless. I'm super excited to read this and she was lovely enough to send some tea with the book. After all, what better drink for reading?


The week leading up to Christmas topped everything though. Not only did I receive Erin's book on the Friday before Christmas Day, Saturday brought an amazing copy of Dumplin from the fabulous Alice at Harper360. It was my stop on the blog tour on Thursday 28th and my review can be found here.


Monday brought me two highly anticipated books from My Kinda Book (Macmillan). Underwater doesn't come out until April, but Burning Midnight is out on 11th Feb, so not too long now!


A copy of Faceless that I won from Chicken House also arrived on Monday, complete with a Vendetta postcard (Which I really need to get!). Monday was a day of beautiful books indeed.


Then, as if the week couldn't get any better, a mystery parcel from Harper360 arrived, containing two of my most anticipated books for 2016! Burning Glass comes out in March, and Flamecaster in April, and I am so super excited to read them both!


My amazing book filled December was capped off with 13 new books for Christmas! My boyfriend got me the original Percy Jackson series which I've been meaning to read for so long, and the hardcover copy of The Copper Gauntlet for my Cassandra Clare collection. I got The Magic Thief and Lock & Mori from family members, and my friend Sam got me SLA and ILF. I am super excited to read Fans of the Impossible Life (Which I've been wanting since YALC!) that Cazz got me along with The Girl at Midnight and the lovely feather bookmark.


I was also super lucky to get a wonderful signed and numbered limited edition copy of Crimson Peak from my mum and dad. It's quite easily the most beautiful book that I have ever laid my eyes on. I literally can't stop looking at it! Now I just need the DVD to come out. Oh, Tom Hiddleston...




In January I received two amazing books from the lovely Cailin at Rock The Boat. The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen looks to be a mix of mystery and supernatural that I'm super excited to read, and it came with awesome tarot cards. Swan Boy meanwhile is a contemporary MG that looks very intriguing.


I won a copy of Concentrate from LaChouett over the new year which I'm looking forward to reading.


Hayley Steed and Gallic Books were kind enough to send me a review copy of a Proust graphic novel entitled Swann's Way, the review for which will be up in the next week or so. It's beautiful!


The wonderful people at Scholastic sent me a copy of Melinda Salisbury's The Sleeping Prince, which is AMAZING (so far ;) ) and has been one of my most anticipated sequels since I finished The Sin Eater's Daughter on my way to YALC last year.


A mystery package from Corvus contained the lovely looking contemporary Fix You by Carrie Elks, which I'm looking forward to reading in the next few weeks. It looks and sounds like a cute but riveting read.


Last but not least I treated myself to a copy of Truthwitch by Susan Dennard which I am so excited to start reading! It was my only purchase this month (Not including kindle or audio books) and a book I have been waiting in anticipation for, for months.


So that's my Winter Book Haul! I really hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to leave a comment below or on Twitter!

Holly @TheArtsShelf

2 comments:

  1. Holy stars! What a huge haul, oh my god! I'm so happy to see Everything, Everything because I LOVED this book! Also, I want to get my hands on Nimona, so many people seem to love it and I want to see myself how it is, haha.

    BUT OH MY GOD. Crimson Peak. ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?! That is such a beautiful book! I didn't even know there is a book about this (only knew the brilliant movie)!! I really, really hope you'll love this! :D

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got so many books! I'm just like drooling at all of it. When I think about it, I don't think I've read any of these books except the Percy Jackson Series. I'm dying to read The Sleeping Prince and Truthwitch. Underwater sounds amazing as well! It looks like you're going to be busy with all these books to read! Have fun with it all!

    ReplyDelete