Monday, 9 November 2015

Cover Spotlight: The Dark Days Club

I will not be the first, nor the last, to say that I adore a beautiful, well-designed cover. Cover Spotlight was created with the sole intention of highlighting and displaying some of the amazing covers the book world has to offer, and this week's pick is a 2016 read that I'm so excited for.

=============================================================================

The lovely Sarah at Walker Books sent me an ARC of the much anticipated The Dark Days Club and I'm so excited to read it. What I didn't expect was for her to send me a proof copy of the final cover as well, and it's so beautiful that I just had to spotlight it this week.


The proof cover is lovely, but it has nothing on the final cover. The gilded lettering is gorgeous and fits perfectly with the 19th century Georgian theme, whilst the lettering design itself is ragged as well as regal, hinting at the dark and demonic entities that roam below. I love the image of Lady Helen and Lord Carlston which - without having read it - I feel sets the tone as Carlston having secrets (As he's partially turned away) and Helen not being the typical Georgian Lady considering her crossed arms and posture. 


The background is fabulous, setting the location of high class London, while the mixture of fans and daggers in the top corners is reminiscent of Gail Carriger's series', which I adore, and leads me to believe there will be not only a lot of action but a lot of gorgeous tailored dresses too (If you know me, I love Georgian and Victorian style outfits). What I love most however is the deep blue colour and the bright whisps of light which, to me, hint at magic forces within a dark and dangerous world; my two favourite things!

So there's my thoughts about the final UK cover for The Dark Days Club. I hope you enjoyed it. I am so excited to start reading this book and will have a review up somewhere around the beginning of December. I do hope you come back to see what I thought.

Do you have a cover you'd like to spotlight? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!

Holly @TheArtsShelf

No comments:

Post a Comment