Sunday, 1 November 2015

Boo-tiful Books

Happy Halloween!

I hope you all had a fabulous day today; I certainly did having taken a trip to Wales to see my lovely friend Caragh.

Being that I've started a spook-tacular book or two this week in honour of the holiday I thought I would write a Boo-tiful Books post about my Halloween TBR.


A few of these I've been meaning to read for a while. Sweet Evil I've had for months, while I bought The Dolls and Darkmere back in August for my birthday. All three sound like fabulous books and The Dolls especially seems creep-tastic. The Darkest Minds meanwhile is a re-read so that I can write up a review as it was a while ago when I read it first. 

The House of Shattered Wings is a book I bought over the last month and am super excited to read, especially after hearing so much about it at YALC, and the same with Demon Road.

Being a huge Disney fan I couldn't resist buying Dorothy Must Die and am excited to finally get around to reading it. I'm going to be buddy-reading it with my friend Caragh over at Loaded Shelves which I can tell is going to be so much fun.

The last two were presents from Caragh, Way Down Dark for my birthday and - most recently - Skin by Ilka Tampke for Halloween today. I'm super excited for them both and can't get over how beautiful  Skin is.


The hardcover itself is intricately foiled while the end pages are works of art. Big thanks to Caragh for these beautiful books. I'm lucky to have such a good friend.


So these are the books that I have been reading and/or am going to be reading over the next week or so, all in honour of the fabulous holiday that is Halloween. I hope you my picks.

Do you have a Halloween TBR? Let me know in the comments below, or on Twitter!

Holly @TheArtsShelf

1 comment: