Thursday, 4 June 2015

May Wrap Up and June TBR

So I didn't do too well in sticking to my May TBR, or in reading very much. Sadly life got a bit hectic and the two books that I did read put me in major book hangovers. As much as I loved Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge and The Novice by Taran Matharu, I wish that I'd read more.

Therefore I'm being very optimistic with my May TBR, with a total of 10 books to read!

For paperbacks I've chosen;


Night Owls - Jenn Bennett: I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this from the lovely Liz at Simon and Schuster and I'm loving it so far. Having been described as Rainbow Rowell meets John Green, I'm super excited for this book. I'm hoping to have it finished soon and a review up by the end of next week!

A Court of Thorns and Roses - SJ Maas: Having really enjoyed Cruel Beauty last month, I'm super excited for this; a brand new retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

Frozen - Melissa De La Cruz and Michael Johnston: I've had this book and been meaning to read it for a while now and it's taken a friend to get me to put it in this month's TBR. I've heard great things though and am a big fan of dragons, so I'm sure it'll be love at first chapter.

The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melinda Salisbury: My main issue when reading is starting a book but then wanting to read a different book, usually a new release. I was part way through this and loving it (Hence my Twitter pic) when I received Cruel Beauty and The Novice. I'm therefore determined to finish it over the next few days, especially in preparation for meeting Melinda at YALC next month.

The Invisible Library - Genevieve Cogman: I'd heard nothing about this book until the author attended a signing at my local Waterstones. I was unable to attend but did look up the premise, and what I read hooked me instantly. I picked it up just over a week ago and am very excited to get reading.

For hardbacks I've chosen;


Throne of Glass - SJ Maas: I've had the trilogy (Not including The Assassin's Blade) since Christmas and have been itching to read them, and so with the release of ACOTAR I've decided to have a bit of an SJ Maas marathon. With everything I've heard, I know I won't regret it!

Rogue - Julie Kagawa: As I said in my first post (Celebrating Rogue's release) I am so excited for this book. I need to know what happens. I may not have managed to read it last month, but this month I'm determined.

The Orphan Queen - Jodie Meadows: After The Queen of the Tearling I've been looking for more 'royal court intrigue' so to speak, and so this book is on my 'Must read soon' list. This month will hopefully be the one!

The Storyspinner - Becky Wallace: I received this book last week after winning a giveaway on Becky's twitter. I am super excited to start this one, fantasy being my favourite genre in YA, and even more so being that it's an annotated copy! Thanks again, Becky!

Geek Girl: All That Glitters - Holly Smale: Last but not least is the final (so far!) book in one of my all time favourite series'. Geek Girl is the perfect mix of drama and humour, making the books a light but always brilliant read. I really want to know what's happening next, and with the hope of meeting Holly at next month's YALC, it's a definite June read.


Do you have any opinions on my TBR, or have one to share yourself? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!

Holly @ TheArtsShelf

Twitter: @The_Arts_Shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment