Thursday, 7 May 2015

Book Post and May TBR

So in honour of launching this blog, I decided to buy myself a couple of new/recent releases in order to help me get started. I have masses of books to read, but I know I'm a little behind the times on some (Throne of Glass, etc.) so I thought these might make for some more interesting reviewing material.


Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge: I finished reading this on Monday and wow. It was just incredible. You can find my review in the previous post.

Rogue - Julie Kagawa: After finishing Talon just before Christmas, I desperately need to know what happens next. My review should be up by the end of the week.

The Orphan Queen - Jodi Meadows: I've been desperate for another court based fantasy after finishing The Queen of the Tearling and Snow Like Ashes, so I can't wait to see what The Orphan Queen has in store.

Magonia - Maria Dahvana Headley: How can I not want to read a book as pretty as Magonia? After everything Margot and Aubry over at Epic Reads have told us about this fantastic fantasy, I really can't wait to get started!

Lois Lane Fallout - Gwenda Bond: Lois Lane. Gwenda Bond. Need I say more? This book was an obvious choice for me.

Disclaimer - Renee Knight: I've heard so many good things about this book and the premise sounds really intriguing so I couldn't resist adding it to my basket when Amazon had it on sale.

I'm also intending to read;


The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melinda Salisbury: As with The Orphan Queen I've been searching for a new court based fantasy and this book is everything I could have hoped for. I'm part way through at the moment and loving it. A review should be up later this week!

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell: Now that I own her entire catalogue, I'm making it my mission to read every single one and - being a fangirl myself - this is the perfect book to start with.

Splintered - AG Howard: I have been meaning to read this series for months, owning all three, and so - as with Rainbow Rowell - May is the perfect month to cross them off my list!

The Kingdom Keepers 1 - Ridley Pearson: I bought this book way back last summer during a trip to Disneyworld and after finishing Cruel Beauty I really am in a Disney/fairytale mood, so this is the perfect book to read this month.


What are your new books? What are you reading this May? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter; I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment