Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Rogue - Belated Book Birthday!

Okay, so I totally meant to get this blog up and running yesterday but unfortunately life got in the way (as always). Still, I think the best way to kick things off with a bang is to wish Rogue by Julie Kagawa a happy 'belated' Book Birthday!

The sequel to Talon went on sale yesterday, and I personally can't wait to get my hands on a copy! My hardback is on order, and I just have to hope it gets here soon. After finishing Talon just before Christmas, I really need to know what happens!

PS. Spoilers ahead.

The first book in the saga began with feisty dragon Ember enjoying her last summer of freedom with her brother when things get turned upside down, and they end up getting dragged into what can only be described as dragon boot camp earlier than planned. Ember won't go down without a fight though, and after meeting rogue dragon Cobalt (Aka, Riley) she ends up determined to find out what Talon are really up to. Life gets much more complicated however when she ends up falling for St George (Dragon assassins) operative Garret. The book ends with Garret saving both Ember and Riley, allowing them to escape while he is taken into custody by the people he once thought of as family.

You can see clearly why I'm excited for the sequel, especially with the unresolved Riley/Ember/Garret love triangle (Yes, I'm a sucker for them!).

The first book is a solid 4.5 out of 5 (It just took a little while to get going in my opinion) and I expect the sequel to wow me just as much as Talon did. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of dragons, fantasy set in our world, and love triangles, because Talon hits the spot for every one!

There'll be a review of Rogue as soon as I get my pretty little hands on it, so watch this space!

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment